Time After Time? Facebook Not Loading? | Great Computer Tips In 1.2.3. Steps

2 Dec 2011

Time After Time? Facebook Not Loading?


  2 days ago I tried logging in from my old laptop, which is about, 8 years old? I haven't tried using it for 6++ months, and I finally awaken the old dinosaur back to life. The thing is, when you leave a computer in a state of hibernation for so long, the components start to degrade -especially the clock battery.


  So that 2 days ago when I tried logging in to Facebook from my old comp, it somehow only show texts and and not the whole interface. I figured it was the browser not being compatible with the site anymore. Reinstalled them, and I still get no positive feedback. Then I went to check the site certificate which keeps popping up and I found this:


  Yeah, what the heck. So there are 2 things to keep in mind here:
  • Never leave your computer 'dead' for too long.
  • If you do, there would be ways to resolve this:
  1. Right - click on the time on the far right of your taskbar.
  2. Choose "Adjust Date/Time". (Sorry, this is meant for Win XP, you can try out on Vista & 7)
  3. Set manually of the time on the first page, or
  4. Click on "Internet Time" tab > "Update Now" (make sure to choose your time zone correctly)
  There, that should do the trick. Hope you have a good time with your friends and family today!

HOLD YOUR HORSES! Not the right solution you're looking for? Please DO contact me at my Facebook Page, Cbox or at my email at sillystark09 @ live dot com. Always there to help you.

0 Comments:

Subscribe Now (Don't Use The Old Link Above)